Life As Others See It
I have learnt -
- That when you're in love, it shows.
- That love, not time, heals all wounds.
- That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
- That being kind is more important than being right.
- That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
- That just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day.
- That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
- That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
- That it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation.
- That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
- That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
- That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
- That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
- That the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
- That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
- That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
- That I wish I could have told my Dad that I love him one more time before he passed away.
- That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
- That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
- That there's nothing sweeter than sleeping with your babies and feeling their breath on your cheeks.
- That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.
- That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
- That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
- That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
- That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.
- That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
- That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
- That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
- That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
- That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
- That money doesn't buy class.
- That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.
- That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
(Attributed to: Andy Rooney)
Related Notes »