A summary of the book If Life is a Game, These are the Rules by Cherie Carter-Scott
- You will receive a body: You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period of this time around.
- You will learn lessons: You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called LIFE. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think of them as irrelevant and stupid.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons: Growth is a process of experimentation, a series of trials, errors, and occasional victories. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately work.
- A lesson is repeated until learnt: A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learnt it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end: There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive there are lessons to be learned.
- "There" is no better than "here": When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here".
- Others are only mirrors of you: You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of life is upto you: You have all the tools or resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- Your answers lie inside you: The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
- You will forget all this.
Related » Facts of Life
» Life As I Know It
» Secrets of Success