Notes to Self

Thoughts on psychology, spirituality and soft skill development for personal improvement

 

Laugh

"Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life." - Unknown

  • If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

    (Hardly seems worth it.)

  • The human heart creates enough pressure, when it pumps, to squirt blood 30 feet.

    (Oh my God!)

  • A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.

    (In my next life, I want to be a pig.)

  • A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.

    (Creepy ... I'm still not over the pig.)

  • Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

    (Do not try this at home ... maybe at work.)

  • The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.

    ("Honey, I'm home. What the....?!")

  • A flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

    (30 minutes ... lucky pig ... can you imagine??)

  • A catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.

    (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

  • Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

    (I still want to be a pig in my next life ... quality over quantity)

  • Butterflies taste with their feet.

    (Something I always wanted to know.)

  • The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

    (Hmm ...)

  • Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

    (If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

  • Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.

    (OK, so that would be a good thing....)

  • A cat's urine glows under a black light.

    (I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

  • An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

    (I know some people like that.)

  • Starfish have no brains.

    (I know some people like that too.)

  • Polar bears are left-handed.

    (If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)

  • Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.

    (What about that pig??)